BSA LifeGuard Course
A BSA Lifeguard course will be offered to registered Scout Leaders, Scouts and Venturers 15 years of age or older. This is a full 30 hours of Lifeguarding instruction and a six hour American Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR course. Must attend both weekends.
- Submit proof of age. You must be at least 15 years old to participate.
- Submit written evidence of fitness for swimming activities (signed health history). You must bring a completed Annual Health and Medical Record, Parts A, B, and C with you.
- Swim continuously for 550 yards, including at least 100 yards each of the following strokes in good form: front crawl, breaststroke, elementary backstroke, and sidestroke.
- Immediately following the above swim, tread water for two minutes with the legs only and the hands under the armpits.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using a front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7 to 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, surface, swim with the object 20 yards back to the starting point with both hands holding the object, and exit the water, all within 1 minute, 40 seconds
Participants will need to arrive at Alpine Scout Camp by 7 PM each Friday and will finish up at approximately 3 PM on Sunday afternoon. Meals (breakfast Saturday – lunch Sunday) will be provided in the Dining Hall. Participants will be staying in two person wall tents adjacent to the pool; you will need to bring a sleeping bag, appropriate clothing, swimsuit(s), towel and personal toiletry items.
Participants will be provided all course materials. Instruction will be provided by BSA Aquatics Instructors and BSA Lifeguards. First Aid and CPR instructors are accredited by the American Red Cross.
To register for this course and pay online, use the form below. If you are under 18 years of age you must bring a signed approval from your parent or guardian, giving you permission to take this course.
The fee of $100.00 includes course materials, tent accommodations, and meals in the Dining Hall.